Platinum open access means permanent and free access to published scientific works for readers with no publication fees for the authors – 100% free. All articles are published under the most flexible reuse standard – the CC BY license.
Authors are not charged article processing fees or publication fees – no fees whatsoever. Importantly, authors retain copyright of their work and allow it to be shared and reused, provided that it is correctly cited.
Readers anywhere in the world may download, share or use the work, free of charge.
All papers are published free of charge, without any (hidden) article processing charge.
All articles published by Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Open Access free for readers, WITHOUT article processing charges (APC) paid by authors or their institutions.
Authors of articles published in Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate the article, according to the followings.
The publisher will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
© 2019 by the authors; This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
In submitting an article to Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry I certify that:
1. I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2. I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to BioMed Central are not in breach of any other obligation.
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our – and currently accepted scientific – knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
3. I, and all authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0.
The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 provides the following summary (where ‘you’ equals ‘the user’)
You are free to:
- Share—copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt—remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution—You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
No additional restrictions—You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.